Do I need a permit to paint my house?

Yes, if you live within the area defined by the thick black line, known as the Historic District.  If you live within the Historic District and would like to change the color of the exterior of your home, you must submit a Paint Application to the Planning Department. There is no fee for the application, and they take 1-3 business days to process.  For questions, call (601)  445-7518.

Show All Answers

1. How is my property zoned?
2. How do I open a business in Natchez?
3. How do I know if I am in the Historic District?
4. What is zoning?
5. Can I operate a Bed and Breakfast or Guest House in Natchez?
6. Do I need a permit to paint my house?
7. Can I operate a business out of my home?
8. What are the setbacks (dimensional standards) for my property?
9. What is a Variance?
10. What is a Special Exception?
11. Can I rezone my property?
12. What are the regulations on building a fence in Natchez?
13. What payment methods are accepted for Planning or Preservation applications?