How do I get a corrected accident report?
If you feel your accident report is incorrect you may contact the officer that wrote the report or his supervisor within 2 days (48 hours) of the wreck. The officer is not obligated to change anything on the report, except factual details. This may be done by the officer on a separate report. If you feel the other party's statement is incorrect, keep in mind that the officer can only write down what the person says. The police officer does not determine who is at fault. That is determined by the insurance companies.

Show All Answers

1. How much does it cost to request a police report?
2. If I file a police report will an arrest be made?
3. How do I get a copy of my accident report?
4. What is the difference between a report, an affidavit, and a bench warrant?
5. How do I get a corrected accident report?
6. How do I file a complaint on an officer?
7. Is the police officer required to show me the radar speed if I ask to see it?
8. Is my name going to be in the paper if I get arrested?
9. Who do I contact for more information on the citizen's academy?
10. Who do I contact for an animal problem?