Civil Service Selection Process
- The candidate must first pass a written entrance examination scoring a 70 or above.
- Then the candidate must successfully pass the physical agility test
- Then the candidate must successfully pass a background investigation.
- After completing all of the above requirements the candidate will appear in front of the Civil Service Board for an oral interview.
- All Applicants passing the Oral Interview will be placed on an eligibility list, depending upon their score. The eligibility list is good for one year. As the police department needs personnel, they will hire from this list.
Hiring Guidelines for Non-Civil Service Positions
- Non-civil service positions require a formal application, a rating of education and experience, a oral interview, and a reference check